Shaping our local community
Housing supply has fallen short of demand locally for a number of years. Meaning that housing has become less affordable and the amenities required for a sustainable development have not been supplied.
The 2011 Localism Act and 2012 National Planning Policy Framework provide the opportunity for the local community to shape the future.
Witchford Community Land Trust is a charitable organisation which has just been formed by a group of local people.
Our aim is:
- To provide housing and community assets which our village will be proud of.
- Which will sit comfortably in our village and of good design.
- To build from sustainable sources, with as little environmental impact as possible.
- To create assets with low running costs and low energy bills that don’t cost the earth.
- To fund the construction to ensure community ownership for sustainable long term use.
Current Legal status
We have submitted the required paperwork to register WitchfordCLT as a charity and have received a grant from East Cambs District Council to assist in the costs associated with setting up the CLT.
For a nominal fee, anyone who lives and / or works in Stretham and Wilburton can join SWCLT as a member. By joining you can shape the activities of the Trust, suggest what kind of land development is needed and help make informed choices. The more members we have, the more we can do to benefit the whole community.
We’d really like your ideas and support. Find out more about becoming a member: